Monday, October 13, 2014

Creamy Chicken Soup in a Crock-Pot! (Mostly...)





OK so, first of all, this is NOT a dinner swap meal... I mean, I guess it could be!  But, that's not why I made it :)

The other day I saw THIS Soup Recipe and started getting hungry!

I mean who WOULDN'T!

So, I looked at the ingredient list, bought a few things, and ... pulled out my crock pot! (whoops!)

I started melting butter... chopped and added carrots...and then realized that this was NOT a crock pot recipe!  I mean, it's one thing to pre-cook a few veggies, but to make the entire thing on the STOVE?! It even wanted me to make a RUE for goodness sakes!  Well, since THAT was not happening, I went to the web for another recipe for inspiration and one... kind of.  I'm not even sure where it is now, but if I find it... I will share!

In the end, I invented my own.  Give it a try if you like!  If not, I promise, I won't be insulted ;)

Before I share, I have to admit that I DID make some homemade bread bowls with my trusty Pantry Secrets recipe! (thanks for the help, Tefi!)  I would give you the recipe, but then I would have to kill you... haha OK not really, but maybe someday I will get certified to teach these bread classes and you can all come and learn!  It's soo soo yummy and easy!  I LOVE it!

OK back to the soup!  Here it is! (sorry, I don't have exact measurements for most of it!

Bree's Creamy CROCK POT Chicken Soup:

about 2 carrots
2-3 TB Butter
about 2 cups country cubed frozen hash browns (You could dice potatoes if you prefer)
2 Cups Hot Water
2 Chicken Bullion Cubes
1 Can Cream of Celery Soup
Frozen Peas - as many as you like
about 1 Cup Chopped Onion
A splash of Heavy Cream (Just what I had on hand)
1 - 12.5 oz can of Chicken
I may have added some milk.  This seems super thick, so if it is, add milk or more chicken stock until you get the consistency you want.
1 8oz pack of cream cheese
Seasonings as desired

First, since I thought I was going to make the first recipe,  I started sauteing the carrots in butter.  Once I decided to abandon the first recipe, I decided to keep cooking them in butter because... why not? :)  You could throw the onions in with them as well, if you like!  Though I'm sure you could get away without precooking any of it!

Then, I dumped everything else, except the cream cheese into the crock pot, adding the carrots after they started to get tender.  I cooked on high for a few hours (maybe 4?). About an hour before eating, I cubed and added the cream cheese!

So much of this was just things I easily had on hand, loosely based on a mix of 2 different recipes!  I'm sure you could add noodles if you wanted (just cook noodles and add at the end).  I'm sorry I don't have a picture!  We ate everything too fast :)  I hope you like it!


/

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to see your face :)